Address: 504 S 30th St, Tacoma, WA 98402
December 11, 2014
Note from the Principal
This week mass will be scheduled on Friday, December 12th. Kindergarten will be in-charge of the bilingual mass and it will be held in the school Auditorium. It is for the Virgin of Guadalupe. We are asking the children to bring flowers to honor the Virgin of Guadalupe. After mass the children will be celebrating with piñatas. If you can send a bag of candy or can assist with the stuffing of the piñatas on Thursday, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all of the parents that assisted with the downstairs painting this past weekend: Erin Kirkendall, Lia & Justin Camp, the Garibay family, Diane Mendez, Jesus Gomez, the Duran family, and James Johnson! It was quite a job and we appreciate you giving of your time. Another thank you goes out to the decorating committee: Erika Rueles Garibay, Jakeline Lemus, Heather Croston, and Marcy Marquez who worked so hard decorating for Christmas!
As children are wearing more layers in the winter, please periodically check your child’s head for lice. It is very common to see in elementary schools. If you suspect that your child has it, please inform me at: email@example.com. Once your child has received treatment, they are able to return to school. For more information check the following website: http://www.headlice.org/
From Katey Briere:
Dear HRRS/JDA Families…..
Having entered my 4th school year, in the Development office, I have seen much change. Change in enrollment. Change in staff. Change in culture. Change in administration. And now it is my time to make a change. It saddens my heart to announce that I will no longer be working here after the first of the year. Holy Rosary has been my home since 1992. It holds a special place in my heart. My roots are deep here. This wasn’t just a job for me; it is my alma mater, my community and my children’s home. I would like to thank all parents and families for your help throughout the years. You have become my friends. Through the hard work and dedication of this community, Holy Rosary has persevered through challenging times. The students and families bring life to this school and it is my most sincere hope that it continues to grow and thrive.
Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Katey Ward Briere
- Fulcrum Tuition Assistance Applications Available. Deadline is quickly approaching, 12-19-14: As registration for next year rapidly approaches we require all families in need of financial assistance to first apply through the Fulcrum Foundation. We have a number of families that have received these funds before, so the process is the same. To apply, please complete the online application
( http://www.fulcrumfoundation.org/apply-for-grant/ ) and return all required documentation to the school office. A copy of your 1040 tax form is required, though other financial documentation may be accepted in special circumstances. The deadline for returning families is Friday 12/19/2014. If you need assistance with the application or printing please call or email the office, firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment with Ms. Raquel.
- Attention Holy Rosary 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students: Bellarmine would like to invite you to Future Lion Week. Bellarmine is providing a free student ticket good for three games in January. Guests may come to one or all three games and the first 50 Future Lions at each game will receive Bellarmine Prep SWAG! The ticket is good for all of the following games: January 7th, 7:00 pm Boys Basketball vs. Yelm in the Booster Gym. January 8th, 7:00 pm Wrestling vs. Timberline in the Booster Gym. January 9th, 6:00 pm girls Basketball vs. Olympia in the Booster Gym. There will also be a half-time drawing for Future Lions at each event for a $75 Amazon Gift Card! We hope you will be able to attend at least one of the games so you can see how great it is to be a Lion. Contact us in the office if you would like tickets.
- Auction/crab feed donations Each family has a procurement/donation requirement to fulfill. Procurement forms are located in the office. Some ideas of items to donate are: gift certificates for an experience (zoo, the movies), store gift cards, household services (house cleaning, lawn maintenance), and gift baskets. If you want to purchase a gift card to fulfill your auction requirement, please purchase them through our SCRIP program. Procurement deadline is: December 19th. Tickets to attend the crab feed will be going on sale this Friday, December 12th in the office.
- SCRIP: With the holidays just around the corner take a peek at our SCRIP gift card list. The gift cards make great stocking stuffers, or teacher gifts. There is a gift card for everyone and it will make your shopping easy! Limited inventory available on Tuesday mornings for purchase or all other orders will be filled on Fridays. Email email@example.com with questions or SCRIP orders.
- We are looking for parent volunteers to assist with bi-monthly school tours to prospective families. We would like to have both English and Spanish speaking families represented.
- Need help with the SCRIP program-looking for a parent to pick-up inventory and fill orders on Fridays.
Mark Your Calendars
|Birthdays this Week
14th: Sebastian Rosas-Cruz
Please remember to return your communication folders by Wednesday of the following week so that we can prepare them to be sent home the following day. Communication folders are sent home every Thursday.