The Governing Council has raised close to $850,000 for these projects with a goal of $1.3 million before the end of the 2016-2017 school year. This is a tremendous accomplishment given the additional importance of fundraising annually for the school budget.
Phase One 2015-2016:
- The school was fitted with a state of the art fire alarm/sprinkler system. This was a major undertaking. We can now ensure the safety of our children in the event of a fire.
- The classrooms were deep cleaned and painted to create a beautiful learning environment for every grade level.
- The Pre-K rooms were created and designed to house an early learning preschool program for three and four-year-olds.
- We received a modular building from Bellarmine that allowed us to create a math, science, and technology lab for the middle school students.
In the 2015-2016 school year we added:
- Music classes for students in Kindergarten through fourth grade along with band for children in fifth through eighth grades.
- Next Generation science curriculum! We implemented interactive Foss Kits and Next Generation science books. This hands on program brought science to life in both English and Spanish.
- Algebra for eighth grade students, taught by a college professor.
Summer of 2017 construction:
- New student bathrooms on the first floor.
- Additional office space and a new staff bathroom.
- A second Pre-K 4 classroom.
More exciting things to come in Summer 2017:
- The installation of an elevator. We will now be in compliance with ADA standards.
- New student bathrooms on the third floor.
- Additional technology upgrades.
- Remodeling of the modular to enhance the science and math programs.
To continue supporting these initiatives, donate now!